Saturday 5 January 2013

Be Thankful


Thankfulness, Gratitude, appreciation....

I've been dwelling in this area for some time now and thinking about what it means to be thankful. 

It's a theme that pops up throughout scripture. A right response to a righteous God is to... be thankful.

1 Chronicles 29:13 
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

Psalm 95:2 
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 100:4 
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

1 Corinthians 15:57 
57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:6 
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Colossians 3:17 
17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

But, how often do we fall into autopilot. We complain about what we have, we want more, we compare ourselves to others...

This year I'm committing to being thankful. Thankful, because everything I am and have is not my own, but is God's. 

This year I'm going to 'count my blessings' not other people's
I'm going to be thankful for what I do have, not questioning why I don't have
Why not join me in being thankful...

No comments: