Tuesday 14 September 2010

Goodness me!

A couple of things have shocked me this week....

The first was how Terry Jones, the American Pastor of Dove World Outreach Center, could justify that a Godly response to the proposed building of a mosque on the site of the twin towers was the burning of the Koran, the Islamic holy book. On top of that I was amazed at the numerous responses from people that included so much hatred to this American church leader.

Today I heard of someone who thinks that communion served by a male minister who was ordained by a male bishop is tainted if that bishop agrees with female ordination.

These two incidents amazed me to the point where I asked the question..... What is going on in the world?!

Where is grace, mercy and a willingness to intelligently engage with others to try and understand them as opposed to diving in with negativity and cynicism?

How can the church as a corporate body and as individuals engage with issues that arise whilst keeping true to displaying the character of Jesus in these interactions?

A few thoughts... I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments: