Wednesday 12 January 2011

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

I have always found Max Lucado’s books fairly easy reading whilst bringing a timely challenge to me the reader. This book fits that mould. Lucado takes the book of Acts and uses it as a framework for how we as Christians today can live lives that honour God and are reflective of the Holy Spirits work in our lives. As I read this I was particularly drawn to the chapters about standing up for the have-nots and the challenge to open our hearts to those who we can so easily miss.

I really enjoyed this book as I thought I would. It left me wanting more and has caused me to look more into the book of Acts again. For me it is a really excellent book to read and recommend to someone trying to figure out what it means to live a Christian life as it is extremely practical. Personally I liked that the chapters were short as it left me pondering the subjects allowing the Holy Spirit to work in the reader.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to find out what it means to live a life that honours Christ. I would pass it on to a new Christian or someone who has been a believer for many years. I also think it is suitable for a wide range of ages. An excellent read!

No comments: