Saturday 9 February 2013

Lent


Easter this year is a day I'm not going to forget in a hurry!

The 31st March is Easter Sunday and as well as celebrating Christ's everlasting victory, I may also be celebrating the birth of our third child! 

We're really excited, if slightly apprehensive! We'll have three kids under 2 years old! ARGHH

These changes of circumstances have made us think about preparing for the coming of another child! We've got a new buggy, we've bought bits and pieces and whilst we don't feel as prepared as when the twins arrived, we're getting ready! 

This has challenged me to get ready for Easter! The redeeming moments of our lives as Christ followers find root in the Easter narrative. Jesus journeyed to Jerusalem, a place where he was welcomed but then betrayed! He was beaten, bled, punished and died until three days later he rose from the tomb in which he was buried! In doing so, he defeated the hold of death and displayed vividly and amazingly that there is no greater power than our God! 

When I think about it like that, I think it's worth getting ready for...

How are you going to get ready for Easter? 

This week bring with it Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent...

I don't normally observe lent by giving something up, but this year as part of my preparation for Easter I am giving something up...

What could you give up in order to help your prepare better for Easter?

My prayer is that our preparation for Easter isn't out of religious observance as an end, but is out of a place of wanting to lay the things of ourselves down to live out the promise we proclaim: that Christ has hold over my life! 

Preparing for a baby: Exciting and apprehensive
Preparing for Easter: Exciting and apprehensive

No comments: