Wednesday 20 August 2014

Ex-Muslim by Naeem Fazal



I decided to review this book Ex-Muslim byNaeem Fazal because it was recommended by someone I follow on twitter. When I came to request a new book to review it popped up so I thought I’d give it a shot.
Ex-Muslim is an enjoyable and easy read. It’s a fascinating story of faith and culture that helped faith rise in me. A reminder that God’s love is accessible to all and is powerful.

The book is Naeem’s story of growing up as a Pakistani Muslim and finding God when he moved to the States. I imagine that many would read this book and really love it. A radical story of conversion and faith paints a picture of a real and personal God. These kinds of books are important because they show God as close and relevant. Ex-Muslim doesn’t pretend to be something it’s not; it is a story of finding God. That makes it inspirational.

But,

I sat there reading and, rightly or wrongly, found myself just flicking through the pages. I read it, I enjoyed it but I thought: I want to know a bit more. I want to know a bit more about the cultural divide between a Pakistani Muslim turned Christian. I want to know a bit more about the conversations with parents and family. I wanted to know a bit more about how I could reach Muslim friends and neighbours. Maybe I’m just curious, nosy, inquisitive, but I wanted to know more….

I would recommend this book because I think any story of finding authentic and living faith in Jesus Christ is worth sharing! However, I just wanted to know a bit more.

No comments: