Friday 16 August 2013

Insourcing by Randy Pope

Insourcing is a book on models of discipleship written by Randy Pope. It is written from experience and as such provides a valuable voice and insight when thinking about discipleship in your church context.

I found the introduction which included an overview of popular and widespread model of discipleship helpful. Much of the discussion relates to life/cell/home groups and I can see why the model that Pope suggests, works. 

Personally, I didn't enjoy the parts of the book that put you in the place of the small groups. It's probably only me, but I quite like the theory and found those parts of the books a bit cringe. I understand, however, that those chapters may have been helpful to some! 

I would suggest insourcing as a book on discipleship. I think it is a valuable voice alongside other such books and I do think there are some distinctive suggestions that Pope makes.

As a UK reader I like the challenge it provides me but am uncertain how this model would be applied in the UK context.

I like books on discipleship and I found this to be an easy read! I do recommend it! 

No comments: