Tuesday 15 January 2013

Approval





This really helped me today...

For so long I've considered my identity as a sinner, and the feeling of guilt associated with this identity has driven me to try and achieve and succeed in order to gain approval from God.

I know I'm not alone....

So many Christians, feel they have to gain approval from God. 

How does this work with the knowledge, that we can't do any more to make God love us more?

Today, I was listening to a sermon and this has communicated so succinctly what I have been dwelling on in my mind for some time...

We don't live for God's approval
We live from God's approval

I've been living for God's approval, yet God already approves.
This thought alongside this tremendous scripture has been a refreshing truth in my day! 

Do not fear, Zion do not let your hands hang limp.
17 The Lord your God is with you  the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing

No comments: